Ms Amanda Pettman – Dietician
Amanda Pettman – Dietician
BNutDiet(Hons), BAppSci(ExSci), GCertPaedNutDiet, SOS Trained, PhD Scholar
Areas of Expertise
Amanda is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) at Ballarto Medical Centre. She has more than ten years’ experience providing nutrition therapy for infants, children and adults. Her areas of expertise include:
- Infant, child nutrition & feeding problems (Inc. fussy eating, failure to thrive, growth concerns, gastrointestinal problems, nutritional deficiencies / restricted or special diets).
- Pre and postnatal nutrition (Inc. Fertility, morning sickness, reflux, constipation, gestational diabetes, post-partum weight loss).
- Food allergies, intolerances and chemical sensitivity (Inc. Coeliac disease (gluten intolerance), fructose malabsorption & lactose intolerance (I.e. low fodmap diet) and chemical sensitivities (Inc. salicylates, amines & glutamate)).
- Gastrointestinal health
(Inc. Reflux, dumping syndrome, peptic ulcers, gall stones, pancreatitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel diseases (crohn’s disease & ulcerative colitis), haemorrhoids, diverticular disease, colorectal cancer).
- Chronic disease & associated symptoms
(Inc. Cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus (type 1 & 2), polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), gout, respiratory diseases, osteoporosis).
- Weight management (Inc. Overweight / obesity, underweight / malnutrition).
- Non-dieting approaches to health & wellness
(Inc. Health at every size (HAES) & mindfulness).
Her clinical experience is diverse and spans multiple work sectors including:
- Community Health / Rehabilitation / Disability Services (Child & family, early intervention chronic disease, aged & complex care, mental health services).
- Private Practice (Private GP & allied health clinics, aged care facilities).
- Tertiary Institutes (Lecturer, tutor, clinical supervisor at Monash & Victoria University).
- Other Government & Not-for-Profit Institutes (Meals on wheels, HMAS cerberus).
In addition to her clinical roles, Amanda has also been employed as a care co-ordinator, food safety supervisor, health promotion (HP) practitioner and tertiary lecturer, tutor and clinical supervisor.
- BNutDiet (Hons) BAppSci(ExSci), Deakin University, 2006
- GradCertPaedNutDiet (Royal Children’s Hospital), 2009
- Hons in Nutrition and Dietetics, Monash University, 2011
- APA PhD Scholar, Monash University, 2013- current
- The Sequential Oral Sensory Approach to Feeding – Basic and Advanced Courses
(Dr Kay Toomey, Children’s Nutrition Research Centre, The University of Queensland).
- Ellyn Satter Feeding Relationship and Eating Competence – Education and Intervention Course (Ellyn Satter Institute).
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
(The Centre for Excellence in Eating Disorders)
- Health Coaching Certificate
(Health Coaching Australia).
- Australian Postgraduate Award, 2013-2018
- Department of Nutrition and Dietetics Scholarship, 2012
- MNHS Domestic Honours Scholarship, 2011
- Alfred Deakin Award Nomination, 2006
- Golden Key International Honour Society Membership, 2003
Amanda has just started practicing with Ballarto Medical Centre in May 2018 and sees patients with an EPC (Bulk Billed) or will see patients privately, please feel free to speak to your doctor or reception about booking an appointment with Amanda.